Adult Enrichment -
THE WALK PROGRAM IS BACK
The 2022-23 Indoor Walking Program The Program is held in the Hastings Senior High School Field House, 200 General Sieben Drive.
This climate‐controlled facility is open:
6:00 to 7:00 am and 3:00-10:00 pm Monday through Friday* &
8:00 am ‐ 3:00 pm on Saturdays*.
The program is NOT open during school hours, on Sundays, or the dates listed below.
The Indoor Walking Program begins September 12, 2022 and runs through June 2023. (Approximately 6.5 laps around is equal to 1 mile.)For the safety of all participants, students and employees in the building, we appreciate your cooperation in following program guidelines and rules.
Guidelines for 2022-23: Safety is of the highest priority for our students and staff and we are continuing to use the Raptor Technology Scanning System, district‐wide. Bring your driver’s license/photo I.D. to Community Education for a brief background scan. Simply show your customized Walk Pass and your Raptor Scan Badge to the high school reception staff member on DAYS WHEN YOU ARE WALKING. The high school site WILL NOT be able to make the badge for you and you will be directed to obtain one at the Tilden Community Center, 310 River St, Hastings – prior to your walk. To receive your WALK PASS and Raptor Scan Badge you will need to bring your license or photo I.D. to the Tilden Community Center and the entire process will take 5 minutes.
- The Walk Program is CLOSED DURING SCHOOL HOURS M-F 7:00 am-3:00 pm
- Enter the Building using the upper south doors.
- Wear appropriate footwear, not street shoes.
- Walk Directions: CLOCKWISE (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
COUNTER CLOCKWISE (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)
- Jogging is permitted on the second floor upper deck only. As a courtesy to walkers, joggers are asked to use the inside lane next to the guard rail. Please pass walkers in a single file using the inside single lane.
- Infants secured in strollers are allowed. When walking with a stroller, please be courteous to other walkers.
- If the Hastings Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, or if Hastings High School is closed for any other reason, the building will also be closed to the walking program. On weekdays when school is not in session, but the building is open, the track will close at 8:00 pm rather than 10:00 pm.
*Hastings High School will be CLOSED TO WALKERS on the following dates: Nov 25, 26, Dec 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, Jan 2, Feb 20, April 7,10, May 29.
PLEASE NOTE: No walking on Saturdays, if holiday is a Friday or Monday. Plus, due to unforeseen occurrences, walking may not be available dates other than those noted during the year. Registrants will be notified via email and signs will be posted on‐site as soon as we have been made aware of the closure.