Moving Mom & Dad
5 Common Mistakes Children of Aging Parents Make and How to Avoid Them!
Many baby boomers today are facing the tough decision of finding appropriate housing options for their parents. Moving mom and dad is often a challenge, especially when mom and dad are reluctant to address the issue. In this class we will discuss and give an overview of the housing market in general for those considering buying or selling a home. We also provide a guide called "Moving Mom & Dad", a $24.95 value. The guide covers the 5 common mistakes children of aging parents make and how to avoid them. The guide also includes the following topics:
- Conversations starters for discussing late-life housing choices with aging parents,
- Solutions for remodeling homes designed for aging-in-place,
- Descriptions of common senior living options and 55+ communities,
- Key questions to ask when researching assisted living and long-term care communities,
- Tips and criteria for hiring key service providers, w Facts about estate sales and auctions, and
- Frequently Asked Questions and much more.
Access to preferred service providers and discount coupons are provided to all attendees as well as a no cost home evaluation for those who want to know the value of their home and recommended suggestions to make it more salable.
John Mazzara has sold, owned and managed real estate since 1986. He is the owner of Venture Development, Inc., is a real estate broker with RE/MAX Associates Plus, Inc. and is a recent author of "Reality Based' Real Estate Investing."