Long Term Care Planning & Medical Assistance
Join our Estate Planning Attorney Mark Balzarini, who specializes in rural and farming communities, in this workshop. Gain an understanding of:
- Current Medical Assistance rules in Minnesota,
- What constitutes available assets, exempt assets, and excluded assets,
- an explanation of the Look-Back Period for Gifting and period of ineligibility,
- Eligibility for benefits,
- Estate recover provisions,
- Life Estates,
- Alternative Care Programs (Waiver Programs),and
- LTC Planning using Gifting and Annuities.
MARK W. BALZARINI is a graduate of Hamline University School of Law and is licensed to practice law in the states of Minnesota and South Dakota. Balzarini received his B.A. from the Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio.
Mark Balzarini has practiced law since his admission to the bar in Minnesota, in 2004, with a focus in the areas of estates, trusts, and medical assistance. Balzarini is a member of Wealth Counsel and the Minnesota State Bar Association Probate and Trust Law Sections.
He conducts seminars for Financial Planners, Accountants, Farm Business Managers, Health Organizations, and Nursing Home Social Workers, as well as the general public.