Painting Barn Quilts
Painting Barn Quilts is popular. In fact, it’s the fastest growing grassroots public art movement in the U.S. and Canada! Enjoy a lively, 4-hour class with guided instruction, which will take you through the process of barn quilt painting from beginning to completion. Choose a quilt pattern from the several dozen offered or you may bring your own (instructor will evaluate difficulty level). Gain knowledge on measuring, layout, taping and painting as related to barn quilt painting. Leave with your own masterpiece, ready for hanging and possibly the inspiration. Plan to give instructor $35 at class for consumables and supplies.
Supplies included are:
- 2’x2’ exterior grade specialty sign board with 2 pre-applied coats of Kilz exterior primer. This is a 5-step, 2-day process that is already done for you!
- Over 60 fabulous colors of highest quality Behr exterior paint from which to choose.
- "Frog" brand tape, yardsticks, pencils, erasers...
- Dozens of quilt block patterns to choose from. You may bring their own patterns, but they must be uncomplicated (and have it drafted to size before class.)
- Foam brushes and rollers, aprons, quilters squares and rulers, extension cords, blow dryers and even a crazy dance off for prizes!
- Everything needed, including the screws necessary for hanging your remarkable piece of ART!!!!
Min. 6/Max. 16