Savvy Social Security for Women
Adult Enrichment / Personal Finance -
Social Security is one of the few income sources that keeps up with inflation and lasts for life. But most women fail to maximize their benefits because they don’t understand the little-known rules that can help them get more out of the system.
This workshop will cover:
- How much Social Security you stand to receive over your lifetime.
- How the decisions you make in your 60s can determine the amount of income you’ll have in your 80s.
- How to take advantage of spousal benefits, survivor benefits, divorced-spouse benefits, and even divorced-spouse survivor benefits.
- How to coordinate your own retirement benefit with benefits you might receive as a spouse or divorced spouse.
- Why women who are married should make the decision about when their husbands should apply for Social Security.
- Why you should consider your husband’s life expectancy when deciding when to claim your own retirement benefit.
- What to do if your husband or ex-husband dies.
- What to do if your marital status changes.
- How to plan for the extra-long life.