CLASS REGISTRATION, CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
- Fees must accompany all registrations in order to hold your spot in class.
- Partial fee assistance is available for qualified individuals.
- When should I register? As soon as you can. Many classes fill quickly. Often instructors need to order supplies. Help ensure that your class has enough students by registering at least 10 days ahead of the start date. Registrations are accepted first-come, first-served in-person, by US Mail, by fax, phone, drop-box, and online.
- No confirmation of registration is made unless an email address is provided or one is specifically requested. If you’ve followed the registration procedure, assume you are in the class. You will only be notified if your class is cancelled, changed or full.
- What happens if Community Education cancels a class? All fees are refunded if a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment or filled before we receive your registration. Classes are cancelled 3-4 days prior to start date if there is insufficient enrollment. Avoid the disappointment of class cancellations by registering early and inviting a friend to register with you. (Cell phone numbers are appreciated with registration as we seem to reach people more quickly with these numbers.)
- What if I want a refund? Call 651-480-7670 as soon as possible.
• If prior to 9 am one business day before class, receive a refund minus a $5 processing fee. Or select a different class in the same catalog. Or send someone else to attend.
• If after 9 am one business day before, no refunds or credits are given as we must cover instructor and /supply costs.
• Once a class has begun, no refund or credit will be given. We attempt to reach all registrants and will be responsible to communicate cancellation only to those who provide all contact numbers and email addresses. Refunds are only given if Hastings Community Education is notified verbally with a staff person before 9:00 am at least one business day prior to the start of class (less a $5.00 processing fee) -- or if class is cancelled by Hastings Community Education. Financial commitments based on enrollment are made to instructors after that point.
- Members of the Hastings Area Senior Center may enroll in one class per catalog season at a discounted rate (amount varies); must pay supply fees.
- UCare Members may be eligible for up to a $15 discount. Include your member ID number when registering. Must be a UCare member at the start of the class to receive discount. Inquire with UCare for program details.
- Excel Card - Gold Card students receive a 15% discount on all Youth classes. Blue Card students receive a 10% discount on same. Driver’s Education offers a $15 discount for Gold and $10 discount for Blue card students. Many adult classes are open to youth. Students must pay any consumable/material costs either built in to the class fee or payable to the instructor. Discounts are calculated after supply fee is deducted from class fee. *Must show Excel card.
- Photographs/video images taken at a Community Education activity may be submitted to the local media, used on the district’s website or appear in other media. Written requests NOT to publish images received by Community Ed. of specific students will be honored.
- Adult Programs - unless otherwise noted, Adult Enrichment classes are open to anyone age 15 and older.
- Inclement Weather - When school is released early due to inclement weather, after school and evening classes are cancelled. If school is
closed for the day, classes are can-celled. We will make every attempt to re-schedule or provide a refund. See our website and Facebook page for updates and listen to your local radio KDWA-1460 AM.